Patent Engineer Mechanics or Electronics - Industrie H/F
Faurecia, ranked in the top 10 INPI patent filing companies, is a major automotive supplier worldwide.
The Group Intellectual Property organization is looking for a Patent Engineer (M/F) to reinforce the IP staff of the R&D Center in Méru (60, 50Km North of Paris, 1 hour from gare du Nord).
The IP team comprises about 45 people localized in France, Germany, United-States, India China and Japan including Patent Attorneys qualified before many Patent Offices. The IP site of Méru comprises senior patent engineers (EQE qualified), a patent analyst, and paralegals.
He/she is dedicated to Interiors activities mainly, however some electronic and software inventions may be addressed as well.
The main missions of the role are as follows:
- Assist our inventors to identify and complete Invention Disclosure Forms (IDF);
- Assess the patentability of the IDF;
- Manage patent first filing and extension prosecutions with the inputs from the experts and marketing specialists through the world
- Manage the cooperation with law firms Patent Attorneys and ensure the quality of our patent filing;
- Prepare in cooperation with the Patent Analysts the patent filing/extension decision for Patent Committees,
- Manage patent search work done internally or externally;
- Prepare Freedom To Operate analysis.
- Involvement in patent infringement analysis, as well in opposition and nullity proceeding in Europe.
The ideal candidate has:
- An Engineer Degree or Master’s degree in Mechanics and/or Electronics;
- Ideally the CEIPI (patent) of Strasbourg University or a first experience as patent engineer;
- Knowledge in patent searching would be an advantage;
- Fluent English is mandatory;
- Team player with good communication skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.